Buncha stuff to do today.
I don’t know if anyone else does this, but I like to start my day by rolling out of bed (read: “futon”) and immediately jotting down everything I’d like to get done/regret not having completed yesterday.
I then sort that list into two other lists, “urgent” and “non urgent” (sometimes referred to as “paying” and “non-paying”)
–and then I divide that into two more lists called “actually happening” (what I think I can for-real-get-done) and “never in a million years” (unrealistic nonsense that I’m going to hate myself for attempting later. Things that usually fall into this category include pitches for licensed properties that I know have zero chance in Hell of being picked up and “exercise”).
It’s at this point that I generally remember that the Internet exists, I turn all of Hannah’s stuffed animals around so that they can’t see my shame, and I spend upwards of an hour searching tumblr for new, saucy, candid shots of Lana Del Rey.
But, THEN–then I get down to business!
Some stuff on today’s list:
– Pack for this weekend’s Latino Comics Expo
(Freelancers and Zombies Vs. Cheerleaders tpbs, In Crowd, Blackest Terror & Thor: Unkillable Thunder Christ singles)
– Finish the second draft of this prose thing that’s kickin’ my butt.
– Figure out if the changes an editor wants to make to my all-ages thing are acceptable, or if I should withdraw and go with the other publisher who wants it (but doesn’t pay as well)
– Finish two illustrator-collaborative work-for-hire pitches
– Pitch a wholly creator-owned thing to an editor who I’m already working with but who might be too busy to be the right dude for the job.
-Homework for a TV gig.
And I’m sure some more stuff will pop up throughout the day. That’s just how this works.
Like I said: busy day.