Shit to know:
- I’ll physically be at the BOOM! Studios booth (#559) all weekend long. Here’s a press release confirming that: BOOM! Studios announces Phoenix Comicon plans.
See? Totally not making that up. Swing on by and pick up some copies of Freelancers.
- I have my own booth, too. It’s #2222, and it’ll be run by Hannah Nance Partlow, the illustrator/letterer of Smell Ya Later. That’s where you can snag copies of my non-BOOM! work–stuff like The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West #6-#8, the American History Z graphic novel, Zombies Vs. Cheerleaders, Blackest Terror, Thor: Unkillable Thunder Christ, Electric Youth, Girl Scouts in Space, original pages, stickers, buttons, t-shirts, etc.
Feel free to bring anything you pick up here over to BOOM! at #559, and ask me to sign it. I’m super into that. No additional charge, obviously.
Shit to buy:
- Big Dog Ink is going to have a limited edition variant cover of The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West #8 available at Booth #640/642. Art by Mike Debalfo and Nei Ruffino. It’s gorgeous. Pick one up, swing by BOOM! (#559), and I’ll sign it.
- I’ll have copies of American History Z on-hand at #2222, as well as new Blackest Terror stickers by Danny Martin, and “retailer incentive” variant covers of Freelancers and Zombies vs. Cheerleaders.
Shit to do:
- SATURDAY, 6PM-7PM IN ROOM 132. I’m presenting at the Bleeding Cool Fan Awards (no, not my plumage). Everyone who shows up gets a a free, limited edition Adventure Time comic for showin’ up. Vote here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05/06/phoenix-comicon-2013-bleeding-cool-fan-awards/
- SATURDAY, 7:30PM-8:30PM. ROOM 124A. Come to the “Esquiville” panel. It’s moderated by Dan Burgos (from Comic book Therapy), and there’s literally going to be…like…one person there besides you. Here’s the description: “Eric Esquivel (Boom Studios’ FREELANCERS) drops some science on what it takes to be a full-time comic book author. The answer includes a lot of ramen noodles, certifiable manic depression, and an unhealthy desire for the approval of strangers.“
- Go meet C.B. Zane at the BDI Booth (#620/642). He’s on pencil duty for The In Crowd #1-#4, and he’s rad as all get out.